Weisbach Michael Steven
|Образование||бакалавр [University of Michigan, 1983]
PhD: Economics [Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1988]
|Место работы||College of Commerce and Business Administration (CBA) / I.B.E. Distinguished Professor of Finance|
Research interests lie in the general area of corporate finance, with a special focus on corporate governance and control and organizational incentives. Other areas include acquisitions, divestitures, and the termination of pension funds after corporate takeovers.
- "Financial Flexibility and The Choice Between Dividends and Stock Repurchases" with M. Jagannathan and C. P. Stephens, Journal of Financial Economics,
- "Discussion of Gompers and Lerner's Corporate Venture Capital, Complementarities, and Success'," Concentrated Ownership, Randall Morck, ed., University of Chicago Press: Chicago, IL (2000).
- "Measuring Investment Distortions Arising from Stockholder-Bondholder Conflicts," with R. Parrino, Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 53 (July 1999).
- "The Influence of Institutions on Corporate Governance through Private Negotiations: Evidence from TIAA-CREF," with W. T. Carleton and J. M. Nelson, The Journal of Finance, Vol. 53 (August 1998). Featured in The Economist, June 21, 1997.
- "Open-End Mutual Funds and Capital Gains Taxes," with M. J. Barclay and N. D. Pearson, Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 49 (July 1998).
- "Endogenously Chosen Boards of Directors and Their Monitoring of Management," with B.E. Hermalin, American Economic Review, Vol. 88 (March 1998).
- "Actual Share Reacquistions in Open-Market Repurchase Programs," with C. P. Stephens, The Journal of Finance, Vol. 53 (February1998). Featured in Bloomberg Business News, June 26, 1996 and Forbes, April 21, 1997.
- "Securities Fraud Lawsuits: A Descriptive Study," with W. T. Carleton and E. J. Weiss, Arizona Law Review, Vol. 38 (Summer 1996).
Публикации на портале:
Stephens C.P., Weisbach M.S. Actual Share Reacquisitions in Open-Market Repurchase Programs
// Journal of Finance.
Weisbach M.S. Endogenously Chosen Boards of Directors and their Monitoring of the CEO
// The American Economic Review.
Barclay M.J., Pearson N.D., Weisbach M.S. Open-end mutual funds and capital-gains taxes
// Journal of Financial Economics.
Weisbach M.S. The Effects of Board Composition and Direct Incentives on Firm Performance
// Rochester Business-Financial Research and Policy Studies.
|Адрес||304F David Kinley Hall|
How to Control and Reward Managers? The Paradox of the 90s. From Optimal Contract Theory to a Political Economy Approach
Research & Regulation Working Papers. 2005. No. 2005-1.
Corporate Governance: An International Review. 2005. Vol. 13. No. 3. P. 386 - 396.
PSE Working Papers. 2005. No. 2005-39.
Journal of Financial Economics. 2003. Vol. 40. No. 2. P. 185-211.
Competition and Change. 2004. Vol. 8. No. 4. P. 357-374.