Aoki Masahiko (Аоки, Масахико)
|Образование||бакалавр: Economics [University of Tokyo, 1962]
магистр: Economics [University of Tokyo, 1964]
PhD: Economics [University of Minnesota, 1967]
|Место работы||Stanford University (Stanford University) / Henri and Tomoye Takahashi Professor of Japanese Studies in Economics|
Comparative Institutional Analysis, Corporate Governance, the Theory of the Firm, the Japanese Economy
- The Cooperative Game Theory of the Firm, Oxford: Claredon Press, 1984. Translated into Japanese language .
Information, Incentives, and Bargaining in the Japanese Economy, Cambridge, UK and
New York: Cambridge University Press, 1988.
-Japanese translation: Nihon keizai no Seido Bunseki, translated by K.Nagai, Tokyo: Chikuma Shobo, 1991. - Chinese translation: Riben Jingji Zhong de Xinxi Jili yu Tanpan, translated by Wang Tan-san, Beijin: Shangwu Yinshuguan, 1994.
- Toward A Comparative Institutional Analysis, book manuscript currently edited and to be published by MIT Press in Spring 2001.
- Information, Corporate Governance, and Institutional Diversity: Japan, US, and Transitional Economies in Comparative Perspective, translated by S. Jehlik, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000.
Economic Analysis of the Japanese Firm, Amsterdam: North-Holland, 1984.
The Firm as a Nexus of Treaties, co-edited with Bo Gustafsson and Oliver E. Williamson, London: Sage Publications, 1990.
- The Japanese Firm: It's Competitive Sources, co-edited with Ronald Dore, Oxford University Press, 1994.
- The Japanese Main Bank System and It's Relevancy for Developing and Transforming Economies, co-edited with Hugh Patrick, Oxford:Oxford University Press, 1994. Translated into Japanese.
- Corporate Governance in Transitional Economies: Insider Control and Roles of Banks, The World Bank, 1994. Translated into Chinese, Vietnamese and Russian.
- The Role of Government in East Asian Economic Development: Comparative Institutional Analysis, co-edited with Hyung-ki Kim and Masahiro Okuno-Fujiwara, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Translated into Chinese and Japanese.
- Institutional Foundations of East Asian Economic Development, Proceedings of an International Economic Association Round Table Conference, jointly edited with Yijiro Hayami, London: Macmillan Press, 1998.
- Communities and Markets in Economic Development, co-edited with Yujiro Hayami, forthcoming from Oxford University Press, 2000.
Finance, Governance and Competitiveness in Japan: Essays in Honor of Hugh Patrick,
co-edited with Garry Saxonhouse, forthcoming from Oxford University Press.
- "A Note on Marshallian Process under Increasing Returns," Quarterly Journal of Economics, 84(1970), 100-12.
- "Marshallian External Economies and Optimal Tax-subsidy Structure," Econometrica, 39(1971), pp. 35- 53.
- "Two Planning Processes for an Economy with Production Externalities," International Economic Review, 12(1971), pp. 403-14.
- "An Investment Planning Process for an Economy with Increasing Returns," Review of Economic Studies, 38(1971), 273-80. Reprinted in The Economics of Increasing Returns, edited by G. Heal, International Library of Critical Writings in Economics, Edward Elgar.
- "Dual Stability in a Cambridge-type Model," Review of Economic Studies, 64 (1977), pp. 143-51.
- "Worker Management and Worker-owner Sharing in the Hierarchical Work Organization," Economic Analysis and Workers Management, 13 (1979), pp. 97-107.
- "Linear Wage Contract vs. the Spot Market in their Risk-bearing Functions," Economic Studies Quarterly, 30 (1979), pp. 97-106.
- "A Model of the Firm as a Stockholder-Employee Cooperative Game," American Economic Review, 70 (1980), pp. 600-10.
- "Equilibrium Growth of the Hierarchical Firm: Shareholder-Employee Cooperative Game," American Economic Review, 72 (1982), pp. 1097-110.
- "Managerialism Revisited in the Light of Bargaining-Game Theory," International Journal of Industrial Organization, 1(1983), pp. 1-21. Originally delivered as an opening lecture at the 9th Conference of the European Association for Research in Industrial Economics, Leuven, Belgium, September 9, 1982.
- "Aspects of the Japanese Firm," in Economic Analysis (1984): pp. 3-43.
- "Shareholders' Non-Unanimity on Investment Financing: Bank vs. Individual Investors," ibid, pp. 193- 224.
- "Innovative Adaptation through Quasi-Tree Structure: An Emerging Aspect of Japanese Entrepreneurship," Zeitschrift fur Nationaloekonomie, (1984), supplementum, pp, 177-98.
- "Comments on C. Pissarides, 'Dynamics of Unemployment, Vacancies, and Real Wages with Trade Unions," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, 87(1985), pp. 404-7.
- "Horizontal vs. Vertical Information Structure of the Firm," American Economic Review, 76(1986), pp. 971-83. Reprinted in The Theory of the Firm: Critical Perspectives, edited by N.Foss, Routledge.
- "Macroeconomic Background for High-tech Industrialization in Japan," in R. Landau and N. Rosenberg (eds.), The Positive Sum Strategy, National Academy Press, 1986, pp. 569-81.
- "Incentive to Share Knowledge: An Aspect of the Japanese Industrial Organization," in S. Hedlund, Incentive and Economic Systems, Croom Helm, 1987, pp. 57-75.
- "The Japanese Firm in Transition," in Y. Yasuba and K. Yamamura (eds.), The Japanese Political Economy: Vol. 1, The Domestic Transformation, Stanford University Press, 1987, pp. 263-88.
- "Incentive-Compatible Approximation of a Nashlike Solution under Non-convex Technology," in T. Groves, R. Radner and S. Reiter (eds.), Information, Incentives and Economic Mechanisms: Essays in Honor of Leonid Hurwicz, University of Minnesota Press and Basil Blackwell, 1987, pp. 295-307.
- "The Japanese Bureaucracy in Economic Administration: A Rational Regulator or Pluralist Agent?" in John Shoven (ed.), Government Policy Towards Industry in the United States and Japan, Cambridge University Press, 1988, pp. 265-300.
- "The Japanese Firm as an Innovating Institution," co-authored by Nathan Rosenberg, included in Takashi Shiraishi and Shigeto Tsuru, (eds.), Economic Institutions in a Dynamic Society, Macmillan, 1989, pp. 137-154.
- "The Japanese Firm as a Nexus of Employment and Financial Contracts," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, 3(1989), pp. 345-66.
- "The Participatory Generation of Information Rents and the Theory of the Firm," in The Firm as a Nexus (1990): pp. 26-52.
- "Towards an Economic Model of the Japanese Firm," Journal of Economic Literature, 28(1990): pp. 1-27. Reprinted in Transaction Cost Economics, edited by O. E. Williamson and S. E. Masten, eds., International Library of Critical Writings in Economics Series, No. 54, Edward Elgar. "New Paradigm of Work Organization and Coordination: Lessons from Japanese Experiences," in Stephen Marglin (ed.), The Golden Age of Capitalism, Oxford University Press, 1990, pp. 267-93.
- "Global Competition, Firm Organization and Total Factor Productivity: A Comparative Micro Perspective," in OECD,Technology and Productivity, The Challenge for Economic Policy, OECD, 1991.
- "Decentralization-Centralization in Japanese Organization: A Duality Principle," in S. Kumon and H. Rosovsky (eds.),The Japanese Political Economy Vol. 3, Stanford University Press, 1992, pp. 142-69.
- " Bargaining Game Theoretic Approach to the Japanese Firm," in Paul Sheard (ed.), International Adjustment and the Japanese Firm, Allen and Unwin, 1992, pp. 30-49.
- "Corporate Organization, Finance and Innovation," jointly with G. Dosi, in V. Zamagni (ed.) Finance and the Enterprise, Academic Press, 1992, pp. 37-61.
- "The Motivational Role of an External Agent in the Informationary Participatory Firm," in S. Bowles and H. Gintis (eds.), Democracy and Markets: Problems of Participation and Efficiency, Cambridge University Press, 1993, pp. 231-47.
- "The Japanese Firm as a System of Attributes" in The Japanese Firm(1994): pp. 11-40.
- "Contingent Governance of Teams: Analysis of Institutional Complementarity," International Economic Review, (1994): pp. 657-76.
- "Towards Comparative Institutional Analysis," in A. Heertje (ed.), The Makers of Modern Economics, Vol. 2, Edward Elgar, 1994, pp. 417-74.
- "The Japanese Main Bank System: An Overview," jointly with Hugh Patrick and P. Sheard, in The Japanese Main Bank System (1994): pp. 3-50.
- "Monitoring Characteristic of the Japanese Main Bank System: Analytical and Developmental View," in ibid, pp. 109-41.
- "Controlling Insider Control: Issues of Corporate Governance in Transitional Economies," in Corporate Governance in Transitional Economies (1994): pp. 3-29.
- An Evolving Diversity of Organizational Mode and Its Implications for Transitional Economies," Journal of Japanese and International Economies, 10(1995), pp. 330-353.
- "The Gains from Organizational Diversity: An Evolutionary Game Parable," in H. Siebert (ed.), Trends in Business Organization: Do Participation and Cooperation Increase Competitiveness?, J.C.B. Moha (Panl Siebeck) Tbigen 1995, pp. 265-79.
- "Elements of Social Capability: The Case of Japan," in Bon Ho Koo and Dwight Perkins (eds.); Social Capability and Long-Term Economic Growth, 1995, Macmillan Press, pp. 159-80.
- "Non-Hierarchical Aspects of Internal Organization," in Beth Allen (ed.), Economics in a Changing World, Tenth World Congress of the International Economic Associations Proceedings, Macmillan Press and St. Martin's Press,1996, pp. 239-75.
- "Towards a Comparative Institutional Analysis: Motivations and Some Tentative Theorizing," presidential address to the annual meeting of the Japan Association of Economics and Econometrics, Japanese Economic Review, 1996, pp. 1-19.
- "An Evolutionary Parable of the Gains from International Organizational Diversity," in Ralph Landau, Timothy Taylor and Gavin Wright (eds.), Mosaic of Economic Growth, Stanford University Press 1996, pp. 247-63.
- "Beyond the East Asian Miracle: Introducing the Market Enhancing View," jointly with Kevin Murdock and Masahiro Okuno-Fujihara, in The Role of Government (1997): pp. 1-37.
- "Unintended Fit: Organizational Evolution and Government Design of Institutions in Japan," ibid: p. 233-53.
- "Relational Banking as an Institution and its Viability under Competition," jointly with Serdar Dinc, in G .Saxonhouse and M. Aoki (eds.) Finance, Governance and Competitiveness in Japan: Essays in Honor of Hugh Patrick, (Oxford University Press, forthcoming)
- "The Role of Community Norms and Government in East Asian Rural-inclusion Development and Institutional Building," in The Institutional Foundations (1998): pp.29-51.
- "The Evolution of Organizational Conventions and Gains from Diversity," Industrial and Corporate Change. 7(1998): pp.399-431.
- "Institutional Evolution as Punctuated Equilibria," in C. Menard (ed.), Institutions, Contracts, Organizations: Perspectives from New Institutional Economics, Edward Elgar, forthcoming in 2000.
- "An Information Theoretic Approach to Comparative Corporate Governance," 1999.
- "Community Norms and Embeddedness: A Game Theoretic Approach," in Communities and Markets, forthcoming.
- "Information and Governance in the Silicon Valley Model," to be published in X.Vives (ed.), Corporate Governance: Theoretical and Empirical Perspectives, Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, forthcoming in 2000.
- "A Note on th Role of Banking in Developing Economies in the Aftermath of the East Asian Crisis," presented at the 1st ABCDE-Europe conference of the World Bank in Paris, June 1999.
Публикации на портале:
- Communities and Markets in Economic Development Авт. Aoki Masahiko, Hayami Yujiro. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000.
- Corporate Governance in Japan. Institutional Change and Organizational Diversity Ред. Aoki Masahiko; Авт. Jackson Gregory. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2007.
- Information, Corporate Governance, and Institutional Diversity: Competitiveness in Japan, the Usa, and the Transitional Economies. Авт. Aoki Masahiko. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001.
- Information, Corporate Governance, and Institutional Diversity: Japan, US, and Transitional Economies in Comparative Perspective Авт. Aoki Masahiko. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001.
- Information, Incentives and Bargaining in the Japanese Economy Авт. Aoki Masahiko. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1988.
- Information, Incentives and Bargaining in the Japanese Economy: A Microtheory of the Japanese Economy Авт. Aoki Masahiko. Cambridge, UK and New York: Cambridge University Press, 1988.
- Toward a Comparative Institutional Analysis Авт. Aoki Masahiko. Cambridge: MIT Press, 2001.
- Корпоративное управление в переходных экономиках [екст] : инсайдерский контроль и роль банков : пер. с англ. / М. Аоки [и др.]; под ред. М. Аоки, Х. К. Кима; науч. ред. и вступ. ст. В. С. Катькало, А.Н. Клепача. СПб. : Лениздат, 1997. 557 с.
- Аоки М. Фирма в японской экономике: Информация, стимулирование и заключение сделок в японской экономике: Пер. с англ. / М. Аоки; Науч. ред. и послесл. В.С. Катькало. СПб.: Лениздат, 1995. 431 с.
Masahiko Aoki, Gregory Jackson Understanding an emergent diversity of corporate governance and organizational architecture:
an essentiality-based analysis
// Industrial and Corporate Change.
|Телефон||1-650-723-3975 (USA), 81-(03) 3501-1361 (Japan)|
|Факс||1-650-725-5702 (USA), 81- (03) 3501-8391 (Japan)|
|Адрес||Department of Economics
Stanford, CA 94305-6072
Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI)
Government of Japan
1-3-1 Kasumigaseki Chiyoda-ku
Masahiko Aoki also is the Director General Research Institute of International Trade and Industry, Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) (Japan)
comparative institutional analysis corporate governance game theory theory of the firm сравнительный институциональный анализ Япония
Теоретические аспекты совершенствования управления взаимодействием групп стейкхолдеров, направленного на рост стоимости компании
Вопросы экономики и права. 2011. № 1. С. 182-185.
Современные тенденции совершенствования корпоративного управления в компаниях с государственным участием
Вопросы экономики и права. 2011. № 1. С. 195-197.
Encyclopedia of Law and Economics. 1999.
West European Politics. 2003. Vol. 26. No. 4. P. 179-198.
Academy Of Management Review. 2003. Vol. 28. No. 3. P. 447-465.