|Образование||бакалавр: chemical engineering [University of Natal]
PhD: marketing [Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. ]
магистр [Cape Town]
|Место работы||Harvard Business School (Harvard Business School) / Harold M. Brierley Professor of Business Administration|
Non-store grocery retailing
- Deighton, John (2002), “How Snapple Got its Juice Back,” Harvard Business Review, January.
- Sherman, Lee and John Deighton (2001), “Banner Advertising: Measuring Effectiveness and Optimizing Placement,” Journal of Interactive Marketing 15 (2) (Spring).
- Deighton, John (1997), “Commentary on ‘Exploring the Implications of Marketing on the Internet,’” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 25 (Fall).
- Winer, Russell, John Deighton et al (1997), “Choice in Computer-Mediated Environments,” Marketing Letters 8 (3) (July).
- Deighton, John et al (1996), “The Future of Interactive Marketing,” Harvard Business Review, November/December.
- Blattberg, Robert C. and John Deighton (1996), “Manage Marketing by the Customer Equity Test,” Harvard Business Review, July/August.
- Deighton, John and Kent Grayson (1995), "Marketing and Seduction: Building Exchange Relationships by Managing Social Consensus," Journal of Consumer Research 21 (April).
- Winer, Russell, John Deighton et al (1994), "When Worlds Collide: The Implications of Panel Data-Based Choice Models for Consumer Behavior," Marketing Letters 5 (3) (October).
- Deighton, John, Caroline M. Henderson and Scott Neslin (1994), "The Effects of Advertising on Brand Switching and Repeat Purchasing," Journal of Marketing Research 31 (February).
- Deighton, John (1992), "The Consumption of Performance,” Journal of Consumer Research 19 (December).
- Blattberg, Robert C. and John Deighton (1991), "Interactive Marketing: Exploiting the Age of Addressability," Sloan Management Review, 33 (Fall), 5-14. Reprinted in Business Edge, May 1992. Translated and reprinted in Harvard Business Manager, 15 (1) 1993.
- Deighton, John, Daniel Romer and Josh McQueen (1989), "Using Drama to Persuade," Journal of Consumer Research, 16 (December).
- Hoch, Stephen J. and John Deighton (1989), "Managing What Consumers Learn From Experience," Journal of Marketing, 53 (April).
- Deighton, John and Robert M. Schindler (1988), "Can Advertising Influence Experience?" Psychology and Marketing, 5 (2).
- Walsh, James P., Caroline M. Henderson and John Deighton (1988), "Negotiated Belief Structures and Decision Performance: An Empirical Investigation," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 42.
- Deighton, John (1984), "The Interaction of Advertising and Evidence," Journal of Consumer Research, 11 (December).
- Deighton, John and Patrick Barwise (2001), “Digital Marketing Communication,” in Digital Marketing : Global Strategies from the World's Leading Experts Ed. Jerry Wind and Vijay Mahajan. New York, NY: John Wiley and Sons
- Deighton, John (2001), “Service Markets and the Internet,” in Services Marketing: People, Technology, Strategy, Christopher Lovelock. Upper Saddle River, NJ.: Prentice Hall.
- Deighton, John (2000), “Frequency Programs in Service Industries,” in Handbook of Services Marketing and Management. Ed. Teresa A. Swartz and Dawn Iacobucci, Thousand Oaks, CA.: Sage Publications.
- Deighton, John (1999), “Integrated Marketing Communications in Practice,” in The Advertising Business, Ed. John Philip Jones, Thousand Oaks, CA.: Sage Publications.
- Barwise, Patrick and John Deighton (1999), "Digital Media: Cutting Through the Hype,” Mastering Marketing. London: Pearson Education Ltd.
- Deighton, John (1996), "Features of Good Integration: Two Cases and Some Generalizations," in Integrated Communications: Synergy of Persuasive Voices, Ed. Ester Thorsen and Jeri Moore, Hillsdale, N.J.: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Grayson, Kent and John Deighton (1995), “Playing and the Locus of Rules,” in Frank R. Kardes and Mita Sujan (eds.) Advances in Consumer Research, 22, 241-2.
- Deighton, John, Don Peppers and Martha Rogers (1994) "Consumer Transaction Databases: Present Status and Prospects," in The Marketing Information Revolution, ed. Robert C. Blattberg, Rashi Glazer and John Little. Cambridge: The Marketing Science Institute.
- Deighton, John, (1994), "Managing Services When the Service is a Performance," in Service Quality: New Directions in Theory and Practice, ed. Roland T. Rust and Richard L. Oliver. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.
- McQueen, Josh, Carol Foley and John Deighton (1993), "Decomposing a Brand's Consumer Franchise into Buyer Types," in Brand Equity and Advertising: Advertising's Role in Building Strong Brands, ed. David A. Aaker and Alexander L. Biel, Hillsdale, N.J.: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Deighton, John and Stephen J. Hoch (1993), "Teaching Emotion with Drama Advertising," in Advertising Exposure, Memory and Choice. ed. Andrew A. Mitchell. Hillsdale, N.J.: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Alwitt, Linda F., John Deighton and John Grimm (1991), "Reactions to Political Advertising Depend on the Nature of the Voter-Candidate Bond," in Television and Political Advertising, Volume 1: Psychological Processes Frank Biocca (Ed.) Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Deighton, John (1988), "Two Meanings for Transformation," Advances in Consumer Research, 15, M. Houston (Ed.). Ann Arbor: Association for Consumer Research.
- Deighton, John (1987), "A Simple Representation of the Contingent Structure of Knowledge," Advances in Consumer Research, 14, P. Anderson and M. Wallendorf (Eds.). Ann Arbor: Association for Consumer Research.
- Deighton, John (1986), "Persuasion as Directed Inference," Advances in Consumer Research, 13, R. Lutz (Ed.). Ann Arbor: Association for Consumer Research.
- Deighton, John (1985), "Rhetorical Strategies in Advertising," Advances in Consumer Research, Volume 12, M. Holbrook and E. Hirschman (Eds.). Ann Arbor: Association for Consumer Research.
- Deighton, John (1983), "How to Solve Problems that Don't Matter: Some Heuristics for Uninvolved Thinking," Advances in Consumer Research, 10, R.P. Bagozzi and A.M. Tybout (Eds.). Ann Arbor: Association for Consumer Research. Reprinted in Wallendorf and Zaltman, (Eds.). Readings in Consumer Behavior, 2nd Edition, Wiley, 1984.
- Deighton, John, Francesco Nicosia and Yoram Wind (1983), "Exploration into the Time-Money Tradeoff: Concepts and an Application," Proceedings of the ESOMAR Annual Conference, San Francisco.
- “ Siebel Systems: Anatomy of a Sale.” HBS Case #9-502-048
- “ Centra Software.” HBS Case #9-501-088
- “ Bouygues Telecom: The WAP Opportunity.” HBS Case #9-501-068
- “ The Peppers and Rogers Group.” HBS Case #9-500-096
- “ Doubleclick buys Abacus A.” HBS Case #9-500-091
- “ Doubleclick buys Abacus B.” HBS Case #9-501-085
- “ Hilton Hotels: Loyalty Wars.” HBS Case #9-500-079, Teaching Note TN#5-001-059
- “Webvan: Groceries on the Web.” HBS Case #9-500-052
- “Alloy: Marketing to Generation Y.” HBS Case #9-500-048, Teaching Note TN#5-501-043
- “The Brita Products Company.” HBS Case #9-500-024
- “CVS:: The Web Strategy.” HBS Case #9-500-008, Teaching Note TN#5-501-064
- “Snapple.” HBS Case #9-599-126, Teaching Note TN#5-500-033
- “MicroFridge: The Concept.” HBS Case #9-599-049
- “First Year Marketing Module Summary: Evolution of Marketing.” HBS TN #598-017
- “USA Today Online.” HBS case #9-958-133, Teaching Note, ” TN #5 599 097
- “Dendrite International (A) (condensed),” HBS case #597-072.
- “Rogers Communications Inc.: The WAVE,” HBS case #597-050,Teaching Note,” HBS TN #597-078.
- “Note on Marketing and the World Wide Web,” HBS case #597-037.
- “SiteSpecific,” HBS case #596-117.
- “IDS Financial Services (condensed),” HBS case #596-045, Teaching Note,” HBS TN #596-061.
- “Consumer Behavior Exercise (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) & (F),” HBS case #596-039, 596-040, 596-041, 596-042, 596-043 & 596-044.
- "McNeil Consumer Products Company: Tylenol," in The Ethical Manager. Ed. Ronald M. Green, Macmillan 1994.
|Адрес||Harvard Business School
Soldiers Field Road
Boston, MA 02163
483 Pleasant Street #4
Предыдущие должности и позиции, прочие позиции
Editor of the Journal of Interactive Marketing
Associate Editor of the Journal of Consumer Research
University of Chicago, Dartmouth College
Почетные звания и отличия и пр.
He received the 'best article" award of the American Marketing Association for an article in the Journal of Marketing
Сотрудничает с Hamilton Consultants, маркетинговая консалтинговая компания, расположенная на Harvard Square, Кембриджа, Массачусетс