Morlok Edward K.
|Образование||бакалавр [Yale University, 1962]
PhD [Northwestern University, 1967]
|Место работы||University of Pennsylvania / School of Engineering & Applied Science, the Department of Electrical and Systems Engineering,|
The implications of changes in the production and distribution system (globalization, mass customization, etc.) for transportation systems, and the redesign of transportation systems to respond to these and other needs (e.g., environmental concerns). The use of information technology (satellite and other tracking/communications systems, electronic data interchange, computer models, etc.) is especially relevant, in enabling more efficient and effective production and transport, and their integration.
- Edward K. Morlok and Stephanie M. Riddle, 2000, "Estimating the Capacity of Freight Transportation Systems: A Model and Its Application in Transport Planning and Logistics," Transportation Research Record No. 1653, pp. 1-13. Also Systems Engineering Department Working Paper No. 98-05.
- Edward K. Morlok et al., 2000, The Parcel Industry in the U.S.: Its Size and Role in Commerce. Final Report. Available from NTIS as PB2001- 104519.
- Francis M. Vanek and Edward K. Morlok, 2000, "Improving the Energy Efficiency of Freight in the United States Through Commodity-based Analysis: Justification and Implementation," Transportation Research-D, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 11-29.
- John F. Betak, Ian G. Black, and Edward K. Morlok, 1998, "Interoperability in Intermodal Freight Transport," Proceedings of Second EU-USA Workshop on Intermodal Freight Transport, US DOT and European Commission (to appear).
- Francis M. Vanek and Edward K. Morlok, 1998, "Freight Energy Use Disaggregated by Commodity - Comparison and Discussion," Transportation Research Record No. 1641 (NAS-NRC), pp. 3-8.
- Edward K. Morlok and Stephanie M. Riddle, 1998, "Estimating the Capacity of Transportation Systems: A Model with Applications to Freight Transportation," NTIS Report, NTIS Order Number: PB 2001-100127INZ.
- Edward K. Morlok and M. John Vickerman, President, VZM TranSystems Inc., 1997, "Opportunities for Furthering Intermodal Freight Transport in the United States," Intermodal Freight Transport in Europe and the United States, Eno Transportation Foundation, pp. 45-58.
- E.K. Morlok, E.C. Bruun, and F.M. Vanek, July 1997, "A New ITS-Based Transit Service for Low Density Markets,"Federal Transit Administration.
- E.C. Bruun, E.K. Morlok, and F.M. Vanek, July 1997, "Advanced Minibus Demonstration Project for the Philadelphia Region,"Federal Transit Administration.
- E.K. Morlok, L.N. Spasovic, and F.M. Vanek, 1997, Regional Options and Policies for Enhancing Intermodal Freight Transport, Final Report, U.S. Department of Transportation, University Transportation Centers Program, National Technical Information Service, Washington, D.C. Also Systems Engineering Department Working Paper No. 97-03.
- Francis M. Vanek and Edward K. Morlok, 1997, "Toward Sustainable Supply Chains," Proceedings of the Eco-Management 1997 Conference, Manchester, UK, July 1997, European Research Press -- John Wiley & Sons (Shipley, W. Yorkshire, UK), pp. 162-166. Also Systems Engineering Department Working Paper No. 97-04.
- Linda K. Nozick and Edward K. Morlok, 1997, "A Model for Medium-Term Operations Planning in an Intermodal Rail-Truck Service," Transportation Research-A, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 91-107.
- Eric C. Bruun and Edward K. Morlok, 1997, "Intelligent Transportation Systems Technology and Smaller Buses: The Advanced Minibus Concept," Urban Transport International, May/June, No. 11, p.16.
- Keith C. Cambell and Edward K. Morlok, 1997, "Booking Control of Postponable Service Classes for Intermodal Freight Systems," Systems Engineering Department Working Paper No. 97-06.
- Edward K. Morlok and Lazar N. Spasovic, 1995, "Approaches to Improving Drayage in Rail-truck Intermodal Service," Proceedings of The 1995 Pacific Rim Transportation Conference, Seattle, WA, July 30 - August 2, 1995, by IEEE.
- Edward K. Morlok and Lazar N. Spasovic, 1994, "Redesigning Rail-Truck Intermodal Drayage Operations for Enhanced Service and Cost Performance," Awarded "Best Intermodal Paper of the Year" prize by the TRF, Journal of the Transportation Research Forum, Vol. 34, No.1, pp. 16-31.
- Edward K. Morlok and John P. Sammon (Senior Vice President - Intermodal, Conrail), 1991, Summary of Research Results at University of Pennsylvania on Reducing Intermodal Drayage Costs and Improving Service Quality on Conrail, Working Paper IMSP WP90-1.1.
- Edward K. Morlok and Lazar N. Spasovic, 1989, "Advanced Vehicle Monitoring and Telecommunication Systems for Ground Freight Transportation," Proceedings of the First International Conference on Applications of Advanced Technologies in Transportation Engineering, ASCE, February 5-8, 1989, San Diego, CA, pp. 113-118.
- Edward K. Morlok, "Freight Transportation Planning and Logistics," 1988, Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems No. 317 (Berlin:Springer-Verlag,), pp.1-49.
- Edward K. Morlok, 1978, Introduction to Transportation Engineering and Planning, McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York. And Instructor's Manual.
Теория ограничений Э. Голдрата - инструмент повышения эффективности цепи бизнес-процессов логистической компании
Экономические науки. 2011. № 7. С. 85-92.