|Образование||бакалавр: Economics [University College Dublin]
магистр: Economics [University College Dublin]
|Место работы||National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) / Senior Research Fellow|
Earlier research concentrated on deriving internationally consistent measures of fixed capital stocks, measuring productivity levels and growth rates in manufacturing and market services and the impact of human capital on international relative productivity levels. In 1999 this research was co-ordinated into a widely cited sectoral dataset comparing labour productivity, capital intensity, labour force skills and total factor productivity for five countries, the US, the UK, Germany, France and Japan. A number of studies of individual industries such as the electricity supply, ceramic tableware and the chemicals industries as well as projects evaluating the cost effectiveness of English local authorities, and the impact of R&D on company performance.
- 'Product Quality, Productivity and Competitiveness: a study of British and German ceramic tableware industries', with Jarvis, V and Wessels, H, 2002, NIESR.
- 'A Perspective on UK Productivity Performance', Fiscal Studies, Volume 22, No. 3, September 2001, with N. Crafts.
- 'The Electricity Supply Industry: a Study of an Industry in Transition', National Institute Economic Review, No. 177, July 2001, with M. Vecchi.
- 'Productivity, Innovation and Economic Performance', Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, co-edited with R. Barrell and G. Mason.
- 'Tangible and Intangible Investment and Economic Performance: Evidence from Company Accounts', in Buiges, P., Jacquemin, A., Marchipont, F. (eds.), Competitiveness and the Value of Intangible Assets, Edward Elgar, UK, 2000, with M. Vecchi.
- 'International Comparisons of Labour Productivity in Transport and Communications: the US, the UK and Germany', The Journal of Productivity Analysis, Vol. 14, No. 1, July 2000, with N. Oulton.
- Britain's Relative Productivity Performance, 1950-1996: An International Perspective, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, London, May 1999.
- 'Productivity Comparisons', The Utilities Journal, Volume 2, May 1999.
- 'Britain's Productivity Performance', New Economy, Vol.6, issue 1, March 1999, with N. Crafts.
- 'Productivity in Market Services: International Comparisons', Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 1998, Vol. 60, No.4, with N. Oulton and J. Vass.
- 'Anglo-German Productivity Differences: the Role of Broad Capital', Bulletin of Economic Research, vol.50, No. 1, January.
- 'Measures of fixed capital stocks in the post-war period: a five country study', in N.F.R. Crafts and B. van Ark eds, Quantitative aspects of Post-war European Growth, Cambridge University Press, 1997.
- 'Anglo-German Productivity Performance: 1960-89', in K. Wagner and B. van Ark, eds. International Productivity Differences: Measurement and Explanations, North Holland, 1996, with K. Wagner.
|Телефон||+44 (0) 20 7222 7665|
|Факс||+44 (0) 20 7654 1900|
|Адрес||NIESR 2 Dean Trench Street Smith Square London SW1P 3HE United Kingdom|
NBER Working Paper Series. 2000.
IZA Discussion Papers. 2004. No. 1224.
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series. 1999. No. 246.
Регион: экономика и социология. 2009. № 4. С. 195-210.