Frye Timothy (Фрай, Т. )
|Образование||PhD [Columbia University, 1997]
|Место работы||Columbia University / Professor of Political Science|
- "Credible Commitment and Property Rights: Evidence from Russia." Forthcoming. APSR.
- "Timing is Everything: Elections and Trade Liberalization in the Post-Communist World." Forthcoming. Comparative Political Studies (with Ed Mansfield).
- "Markets, Democracy and New Private Business in Russia." Post-Soviet Affairs. January 2003.
- "Capture or Exchange? Business Lobbying in Russia." Europe-Asia Studies. November 2002.
- "Private Protection in Russia and Poland." AJPS. June 2002.
- "The Perils of Polarization: Economic Performance in the Post-Communist World." World Politics. April 2002.
- "Rackets, Regulation, and the Rule of Law." Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization. October 2000 (with Ekaterina Zhuravskaya).
- "Governing the Russian Equities Market." Post-Soviet Affairs. November 1997.
- "A Politics of Institutional Choice: Post-Communist Presidencies." Comparative Political Studies. October 1997.
Публикации на портале:
Timothy Frye, Екатерина Журавская Rackets, Regulation and the Rule of Law (Рэкет и общественное благо: роль регулирования)
// Научные труды ЦЕФИР.
Timothy Frye, Andrei Shleifer The invisible hand and the grabbing hand
// American Economic Review.
|Адрес||MC3320, 420 West 118th Street, New York, NY 10027, United States|
Timothy Frye (Ph.D. Columbia University, 1997) is a professor of political science at Columbia University and a member of the Harriman Institute. Professor Frye received a B.A. in Russian language and literature from Middlebury College, an M.I.A. from the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University and a Ph.D. also from Columbia University in 1997. His research and teaching interests are in comparative politics and political economy with a focus on the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe. He is the author of Brokers and Bureaucrats: Building Markets in Russia, (Michigan Press 2000), which won the 2001 Hewett Prize from the American Association for the Advancement of Slavic Studies, and Incredible Transformation: Building States and Markets after Communism (forthcoming, Cambridge University Press). He is currently working on a book manuscript, Property Rights and Property Wrongs: What Russia Teaches Us About the Rule of Law. He has worked as a consultant for the World Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the U.S. Agency for International Development.
post-communist change post-communist countries post-communist transition post-soviet Russia post-soviet transformation Russia russian business russian labour market
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series. 1997. No. 42.
EERC Working Paper Series. 2007. No. 07-02e.
LIQUIDITY AND PRODUCTIVITY IN RUSSIAN AGRICULTURE: FARM DATA EVIDENCE / доклад на 25 конференции IAAE, Reshaping Agriculture’s Contribution to Society, International Convention Centre, Durban, South Africa, 16-23 August 2003