Conference on Caucasus Studies, November 28-30, 2008, Deadline: September 15, 2008
Date: November 28-30, 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Organiser: Caucasus Studies at the Department of International Migration and Ethnic Relations (IMER), Malmö University, Sweden, in cooperation with the Center for Caucasus Studies at Øresund University
Topics: The conference brings together researchers in Caucasus studies for a discussion on current developments in the region.
How are these dynamics to be understood and explained from political, anthropological, historical, linguistic and cultural perspectives?
Papers will be organized into thematic panels, such as
- Armed conflicts and migration
- Migration and maintenance of cultural identities
- Language policy and migration
- Languages in contact
- Transitional identities
- Caucasian diasporas
- Intrastate conflicts and conflict resolution
- Caucasus in regional and global politics.
Multidisciplinary papers and presentation of research in progress are welcome. The program includes possibilities for poster presentations.
Language: English, Russian
- Faculty members: 50€;
- Faculty members from CIS countries: 25€;
- Students and PhD candidates: 20€
Deadline: September 15, 2008
Contact: Department of International Migration and Ethnic Relations (IMER), Malmö University, Citadellsvägen 7, S-205 06 Malmö, Sweden