Macroeconomics for developing countries. 2nd. ed.
Опубликовано на портале: 24-10-2003
London: Routledge, 2003, 496 с.
This comprehensively revised and updated edition develops the themes contained in the first edition. Students and teachers who are familiar with the book will notice that half of the chapters are entirely new, with the other half having changed significantly to take into account the changes that have occurred in the global economy since the turn of the millennium.
With questions for discussion and excellent use of case studies, the book covers such themes as:
Macroeconomics for Developing Countries presents a valuable analysis of the current debate in development economics and provides the intermediate macroeconomic theory necessary to understand it. The book falls into four parts. The first two present received macroeconomic theory in its closed and open economy versions. Supported by a wide range of illustrations and examples from developing countries, the final two sections are devoted entirely to the macroeconomic problems of these countries. In light of recent develpoments in the macroeconomic field, such as the GATT agreement, this book is both timely and relevant.
- Macroeconomic problems of developing countries
- National accounts and the macroeconomy
- The basic IS-LM-AS model in the closed economy
- The process of money creation and the demand for money
- Macroeconomic policy in an open economy
- Current account and asset demand approaches to balance of payments
Part 2: Macroeconomic Models of Developing Countries
- IMF type macro models for developing countries
- A structuralist macros model for developing countries
- Dualistic models of output and inflation in developing countries
- Growth, theory and developing country macroeconomics
Part 3: Policy Dilemmas faced by Developing Countries
- An evaluation of the IMF programs in developing countries
- Macroeconomic dimensions of fiscal policy in developing countries
- The inflation rate and seignorage
- The problem of indebtedness of HIPC countries
- The exchange rate issues in developing countries
Part 4: Issues in Developing Country Macroeconomics
- Financial market liberalization and economic growth in developing countries
- The international financial architecture and developing countries
- A final word
Part I: The Basic Macroeconomic Framework
Cтраница, посвященная книге, на сайте издательства Routledge: http://search.tandf.co.uk/bookscatalogue.asp?URL=https://ecommerce.tandf.co.uk/catalogue/DirectLink.asp?ResourceCentre=SEARCH&ContinentSelected=0&CountrySelected=0&USSelected=0&ChangeCountry=0&search_text=0415262143&SearchGroup=ISBN&results_order=ByTitle Cтраница, посвященная книге, на сайте интернет-магазина Amazon.com
demand for money developing country economic growth intermediate macroeconomics macroeconomic policy macroeconomics open economy
American Economic Review. 1989. Vol. 79. No. 5. P. 1146-1164.
The Effect of Foreign Direct Investment on Domestic Capital Formation, Trade, and Economic Growth in a Transition Economy: Evidence from China
Global Economy Journal. 2007. Vol. 7. No. 2.