The leadership challenge: how to get extraordinary things done in organizations
Опубликовано на портале: 23-01-2003
San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1998
Corporations are suffering from a lack of leadership. Too many managers are unwilling to take charge due to beliefs in tradtional myths such as successful leaders are stable and organized. The focus of this book is to help managers further their abilities as leaders. The authors have discussed leadership skills with other leaders to learn their strengths and weaknesses.
Preface: Everyone's Business: The New Realities of Leadership
1. The Practices and Commitments of Exemplary Leadership
2. What Constituents Expect of Leaders: Knowing the Other Half of the Story
3. Search for Opportunities: Confronting and Changing the Status Quo
4. Experiment and Take Risks: Learning from Mistakes and Successes
5. Envision the Future: Imagining Ideal Scenarios
6. Enlist Others: Attracting People to Common Purposes
7. Foster Collaboration: Promoting Cooperative Goals and Mutual Trust
8. Strengthen Others: Sharing Power and Information
9. Set the Example: Doing What You Say You Will Do
10. Achieve Small Wins: Building Commitment to Action
11. Recognize Contributions: Linking Rewards with Performance
12. Celebrate Accomplishments: Valuing the Victories
13. Become a Positive Force: The Leader Who Makes a Difference
Appendix: Theory and Evidence Behind the Practice: The Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI)
Coping with Workplace Change: An Annotated Bibliography of Resources (Совладание со сменой работы: аннотированная бибилиография ресурсов)
Reference Services Review. 1997. Vol. 25. No. 1. P. 61 - 70.
Critical theory and the hegemony of corporate culture/ Критическая теория и главенство корпоративной культуры
Journal of Organizational Change Management. 2001. Vol. 14. No. 6. P. 590 - 608 .