The conference "Approaches to Structural-Power in IR". Date: 04–06.07.2012. Deadline: 15.12.2011. Bremen, Germany.
Organiser: Jan-Frederik Kremer, Institute of Development Research and Development Policy, Ruhr-University Bochum, Center for Global Studies, University of Bonn; Andrej Pustovitovskij, Center for Global Studies, University of Bonn
Topics: Panel proposal for “4th ECPR Graduate Student Conference, Jacobs University, Bremen: This panel invites contributions, who either deal with structural power on a theoretical level by adapting or improving existing approaches or by developing new approaches towards structural power, or that use concepts of structural power in empirical research or case studies.
Panellists will present different approaches and concepts of power with a special emphasis on structural power in light of their effectiveness to explain contemporary power related phenomena in IR.
In doing so the panel aims at contributing to answering the following questions:
- How does structural power work?;
- How does structural power change the rules of the game?;
- How is structural power constituted?;
- Through which kind of transmission channels does structural power affect the power position of states?;
- What are the underlying power resources of structural power?;
- What is he relationship between structural power and other forms of power?
Deadline: December 15, 2011
Contact: Andrej Pustovitovskij; Jan-Frederik Kremer
Tel.: +49(0)228 73 60 280; +49(0)228 73 60 281
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com