The conference "Migration as a Sign of the Times. Perspectives from social sciences, philosophy and theology". Date: 12 – 14.04.2012. Site: Salzburg, Austria. Deadline: 31.12.2011
Organiser: Centre for Intercultural Theology and Interreligious Studies, Salzburg University
Topics: The contested realities of migration in a globalized world raise complex issues and call for a multi-dimensional analysis. As a sign of the times, migration calls theology into a wider academic discourse and poses two distinct questions:
- How can the message of the gospel be brought to the fore in the context of migration?
- What is the specific contribution of theology in the contested discourses on human mobility?
- How does migration bring to the fore the message of the gospel?
- Which language do migratory experiences provide for theology?
- How does migration in-form and re-form our way of experiencing, celebrating and conceptualising God?
- The conference is dedicated to an interdisciplinary approach to migration and will engage perspectives from sociology, politology, discourse analysis, philosophy and theology.
The various points of view are brought into dialogue and – in an extended phase of plenary discussion – analysed as to their mutual implications, thus bringing an evolving theology of migration further on the way.
Deadline: January 31, 2012; Proposals should be sent to Judith Gruber at: Judith.Gruber@sbg.ac.at
Contact: Centre for Intercultural Theology and Interreligious Studies, Salzburg University